With thousands of stunning limestone islets and serene emerald waters, this is something you don’t want to miss, the incredible Halong Bay, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enjoy a cruise through this natural wonderland and enjoy the amazing seascape of rocky islands, limestone peaks and hidden villages.
Your journey will start with an early departure for the scenic 3-hour drive to Halong Bay, a World Heritage breath-taking site with thousands of towering limestone cliffs, dolomite islands and islets.
On the way, you’ll stop to visit Hai Duong, Green bean cake town or the Ceramic town at Dong Trieu before boarding your boat in Halong and heading out to explore the bay’s beautiful seascape of rocky islands and serene emerald water.
Most of the islets here are not for living due to the lack of fresh water, but their miraculous shapes make them extremely photogenic and also have inspired their array of bizarre names such as the Surprising cave, Pelican Grotto, Chopstick rock, Butterfly rock, Turtle rock, the island of Fishmans Head, the Fighting Cocks, the Sail, the Urn, or the Sea Dog! With names like this you can imagine the experience your in for.
A lunch of fresh seafood will be arranged on board before heading back to Hanoi in the late afternoon, and, if your time is not limited, you can check out the Hong Ngoc Charity Centre, where children present their handicrafts of stone and embroidery. The trip ends with a drop off at your hotel in Hanoi.
- Scenic cruise aboard a traditional junk boat around the UNESCO World Heritage site of Halong Bay
- Fresh seafood lunch served on board
- English-speaking guide
- Pick-up and drop off from Hanoi hotels
- Roundtrip transfers from Hanoi in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Optional gratuities
- Drinks – these can be purchased from the cash bar on board
- Optional kayaking – kayaks can be hired locally
Daily, year round.
7.45am. Exact pick-up time to be advised upon reconfirmation.
Around 12-13 hours in total.
Terms & Conditions
- This is not a private tour, you will be sharing with other passengers.
- Departure time and itinerary is subject to change due to weather conditions and unforeseen circumstances.
- Swimming and kayaking may be cancelled due to weather.
- Hanoi shuttle transfer takes 3.5-4 hours including 1 rest stop. Shuttle departs at 7.45am daily with hotel pick ups scheduled before this.
- Safety notice: There will be life jackets on board. No smoking in the restaurant or cabins.
- Please note Kayaking is optional and needs to be paid locally if you wish to participate.
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
Drinks are not included and can be purchased from the cash bar on board.